The First to Focus on Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain™
Ancillare believes that the science behind the science is paramount to enabling the best clinical research. Applying proven supply chain strategies born from innovative problem solving, we arm Sponsors of global clinical trials with customized, end-to-end supply plans. This enables developers of new therapies to optimize their supply chains using streamlined processes, extensive global buying power, a vast depot network, and proven teams of clinical, procurement, operations, logistics, and regulatory experts. Ancillare’s industry-shaping model navigates the complexities of the Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain™ to reduce both the overall cost and cycle time of clinical trials, and greatly improve operational efficiency across all levels of the value chain.
Ancillary Supply Chains Completed
Global Sites Covered
We are a proud member company of these leading industry initiatives and organizations:
Our diverse, global staff are led by dedicated, multi-disciplinary professionals.
Dr. Joanne Santomauro
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & Founder
Dr. Joanne Santomauro, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Ancillare, LP, created the Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain (CTASC™) Management industry in 2006. Joanne’s 35 years of supply chain management expertise led the company to launch its market-leading model. Her leadership has resulted in Ancillare’s explosive growth throughout the world.
For more than a decade, Joanne has led her teams in the innovation, development, enhancement, and expansion of the Ancillare CTASC supply chain model, delivered through state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies previously unrealized in the marketplace. The CTASC model embraces the complexities and globalization of the ancillary supply chain and manages the chain with a singular focus. This proven flexible and scalable model ensures a transparent and efficient process for Sponsors and their CROs.
Joanne successfully completed the Committee of 200 Growing Entrepreneurs Program in 2005, the Tuck School of Business Executive Program in 2008, and she is the recipient of the 2011 Enterprising Women of the Year and Marcum’s Innovator of the Year awards. Joanne was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2018 Award in the Greater Philadelphia region. The company was listed in 2012 and 2014 as one of the fastest growing companies in the region. In addition, Ancillare received the 2011 U.S. Department of Commerce Export Achievement Award and the 2014 U.S. Secretary of Commerce Star Award for Excellence in Exports. Joanne serves on the YMWIC Foundation Board, a STEM program dedicated to the advancement of science, technology engineering, and math for middle through high school students. And she holds advanced degrees including a Doctorate in Business from the Temple University Fox School of Business.
Jonathan SantomauroChief Strategy Officer & Co-Founder
- As Co-Founder, Jonathan Santomauro played an instrumental role in scaling the company to the global organization it is today. He previously served as President, where he streamlined business operations and oversaw the day-to-day growth initiatives. In 2019, he moved into the role of primary strategist for the organization and serves on the Board. In 2018, Jonathan was recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as a ‘40 Under 40’ honoree. He holds a Masters of Business Administration from Cornell University’s SC Johnson Graduate School of Management. He serves as a member of Cornell’s Advisory Council for Entrepreneurship.
Cathy PorrettiChief Global Operations Officer
- Cathy Porretti has contributed to Ancillare’s rapid growth since the company’s inception in 2006, with high leadership and involvement in all ERP and financial operations. She has played a key role in managing and scaling Ancillare’s global operations, having served in a Global Operations Executive Leadership capacity for nearly 30 years. She is a key strategist among the company’s leadership, developing innovative solutions for the ancillary supply chain worldwide. As a subject matter expert on Ancillare’s global distribution network, Cathy has overseen the company’s expansion into new and emerging markets, leading day-to-day and strategic management of key depots across the globe.
Deighton LiverpoolChief Information Officer
- Deighton Liverpool is responsible for delivering mission-critical results by developing and implementing strategies related to Infrastructure, Application Development, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, as well as Cloud and AI technologies for Ancillare. Deighton has held several “C” level positions across Global IT, as well as staff management and development. He is a previous nominee for the Most Influential Minority in Cable Technology Award from CableFax, and has been a featured speaker at several technology events. Deighton holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from Pace University. He has also earned two graduate certificates: one in Information Technology Management from Georgia Institute of Technology, and another in Organizational Change Management from the University of Virginia.
Senior Management Team
Danielle FrederickVP, Clinical & Business Operations
- Danielle Frederick provides global leadership and strategic direction to enhance Ancillare’s clinical operations, global distribution, and supply chain management initiatives. She has played an integral role in enhancing quality focus throughout the organization. Previously, Danielle served in various quality management positions at Ancillare, Fisher Clinical, and West Pharmaceutical Services, specializing in quality audits, supplier quality, document control, and training. Danielle holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the California Coast University and maintains multiple certifications, including the Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University, ASQ Certified Quality Auditor and Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence.
Christopher CalabrettaVP, Global Supply Chain
- Christopher Calabretta is a strategic supply chain, operations, and procurement executive leading Ancillare’s Procurement, Logistics, and U.S. Distribution teams. His career is marked by several successful enterprise-wide initiatives carried out on a global scale, as well as adept management of budgets up to $3.6 billion and teams of up to 150 professionals. He spent over 25 years at Johnson & Johnson leading teams across multiple disciplines including logistics, indirect procurement and global direct procurement for Biologics and Vaccines. Currently, Christopher also serves as Senior Advisory Board Member at Arsenal Capital Partners, providing strategic insights into Specialty Industrials specifically related to Supply Chain future trends, best practices, and opportunities. He holds a Masters of Business Administration from Villanova University and a Bachelor of Science in Business Logistics from Penn State University.
John Fitzgerald, DO, FACOGMedical Director
- Dr. Fitzgerald has been a practicing obstetrician-gynecologist (OB-GYN) for over three decades. He completed his residency at Temple University Hospital and has since held roles and affiliations with a number of Philadelphia regional hospitals and networks, including Jefferson Health and Bryn Mawr Hospital. He currently serves as the Associate Director and Associate Professor for the Physician Assistant Program at Salus University. He has also contributed to a number of scholarly publications on a variety of women’s health topics and was a lead investigator for the National HPV Study. Dr. Fitzgerald is a graduate of Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG).
Georgia Crozier, OD, MSMedical Director
- Dr. Crozier is an esteemed clinician based in the Philadelphia region. She has a breadth of optometric experience spanning more than 35 years, from clinical investigator to medical advisory and consulting roles. She was the first optometrist in 1985 to be selected by the Federal Government to receive a Masters of Science in Vision Rehabilitation. In recent years, she has delivered dozens of professional and academic lectures, as well as patient-facing presentations, regarding ocular health and vision care. Dr. Crozier is a graduate of Pennsylvania College of Optometry at Salus University. She currently serves as the Director of the Moore Eye Institute Vision Rehabilitation Center.
OUR GLOBAL ANCILLARY SUPPLY CHAIN DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
We have strategically located depots across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific, covering more than 100 countries and delivering to 98% of clinical trial sites.
A HISTORY OF INNOVATION
In 2006, Ancillare took the first steps toward creating a first-of-its kind business: one that is wholly dedicated to the discipline of Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain Management. Today, it is the category leader. Take a look back at the company’s biggest milestones and accomplishments.
8 of the Top 10 Global Pharmaceutical, 3 of the Top 5 Global Biotechnology companies, and 2 of the Top 3 Global CROs employ Ancillare’s Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain Management solutions.
Ancillare continues its singular, industry-leading mission as the global standard for Ancillary Supply Chain Management for Phase I-IV clinical research.
Ancillare Acquires NG BV, a Netherlands-based Company Authorized to Procure, Supply, and Export Medicinal Products
Ancillare COVID-19 sponsor partnerships expands to 20 trials
CEO Joanne Santomauro receives Doctorate of Business Administration with concentration in Supply Chain from the Fox School of Business at Temple University.
Ancillare launches the Global Clinical Development Department.
Ancillare rolls out Microsoft NAV.
Ancillare’s MedTech Division is established to service medical device and diagnostic trials.
Ancillare expands the Global Clinical Development Department.
Ancillare celebrates its 10th Anniversary.
Ancillare’s first and only end-to-end Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain model is introduced to ensure consistency, accuracy, and cost control throughout the development program lifecycle.
Ancillare establishes Depots in China, Japan, Russia, and Taiwan.
Ancillare’s ESTEEM™ (Executing Shipments Through Effective Enrollment Monitoring) model is deployed. Resupply now matches site-specific patient enrollment rates, aligning distribution on demand.
Ancillare establishes Depots in Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Mexico, and Ukraine.
The Ancillare Supply Chain Management System (ANSUMS™) is implemented, streamlining the process of ancillary product resupply and offering global visibility and reporting across the entire clinical pipeline.
Ancillare Europe established in Milton Keynes, UK to service the EMEA region.
Ancillare establishes Depot in Canada.
Ancillare Global Headquarters established in Horsham, PA.
The Ancillare Professional Team™ (APT) is formed to provide a dedicated management platform for clinical trial supply chain services for each sponsor organization.
Ancillare, LP is founded in North Wales, PA.
Request More Information About Ancillare
Tell us a little about your project or ancillary supply challenges, and we will set up a consultation with our team.