The First to Focus on Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain™
Ancillare believes that the science behind the science is paramount to enabling the best clinical research. Applying proven supply chain strategies born from innovative problem solving, we arm Sponsors of global clinical trials with customized, end-to-end supply plans. This enables developers of new therapies to optimize their supply chains using streamlined processes, extensive global buying power, a vast depot network, and proven teams of clinical, procurement, operations, logistics, and regulatory experts. Ancillare’s industry-shaping model navigates the complexities of the Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain™ to reduce both the overall cost and cycle time of clinical trials, and greatly improve operational efficiency across all levels of the value chain.
Ancillary Supply Chains Completed
Global Sites Covered
We are a proud member company of these leading industry initiatives and organizations:
Our diverse, global staff are led by dedicated, multi-disciplinary professionals.
Dr. Joanne Santomauro
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER & Founder
Dr. Joanne Santomauro, Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Ancillare, LP, created the Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain (CTASC™) Management industry in 2006. Joanne’s 40 years of supply chain management expertise led the company to launch its market-leading model. Her leadership has resulted in Ancillare’s explosive growth throughout the world.
For more than a decade, Joanne has led her teams in the innovation, development, enhancement, and expansion of the Ancillare CTASC supply chain model, delivered through state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies previously unrealized in the marketplace. The CTASC model embraces the complexities and globalization of the ancillary supply chain and manages the chain with a singular focus. This proven flexible and scalable model ensures a transparent and efficient process for Sponsors and their CROs.
Joanne successfully completed the Committee of 200 Growing Entrepreneurs Program in 2005, the Tuck School of Business Executive Program in 2008, and she is the recipient of the 2011 Enterprising Women of the Year and Marcum’s Innovator of the Year awards. Joanne was a finalist for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2018 Award in the Greater Philadelphia region. The company was listed in 2012 and 2014 as one of the fastest growing companies in the region. In addition, Ancillare received the 2011 U.S. Department of Commerce Export Achievement Award and the 2014 U.S. Secretary of Commerce Star Award for Excellence in Exports. Joanne serves on the YMWIC Foundation Board, a STEM program dedicated to the advancement of science, technology engineering, and math for middle through high school students. She also serves on the DCAT Alliance for Industry Women Committee to develop special events and programs to educate, inspire, and empower women in the pharmaceutical industry.
Dr. Joanne Santomauro holds advanced degrees including a Doctorate in Business from the Temple University Fox School of Business.
Chief Strategy Officer & Co-Founder
- Jason Monteleone joins Ancillare with over 25 years of experience in the healthcare, medical device, and life sciences industries. He most recently served as Chief Business and Strategy Officer at dMed-Clinipace — a global mid-sized Contract Research Organization (CRO) — and Chief Executive Officer at Clinipace prior to its 2021 merger with dMed.
- In prior years, Jason founded Pivotal Financial Consulting, a consultancy where he advised investors and companies in the clinical research sector, focused on acquisitions, growth and innovation. Jason was also Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President for Theorem Clinical Research – a global mid-sized Contract Research Organization acquired by Chiltern International in 2015.
- Jason presently serves as a Director for the Drug Information Association (DIA), a global organization dedicated to uniting life sciences professionals across more than 80 countries to share insights and drive actions in healthcare product and life cycle management.
- He holds a Masters of Business Administration from Temple University, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Millersville University and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), as well as a Certified Financial Manager (CFM).
Michael BrownChief Business Officer
- Michael Brown is the Chief Business Officer at Ancillare and is responsible for the overall growth strategy of Commercial Operations, including direct oversight of Business Development and Marketing.
- Michael has over 25 years of experience in global business development, client relationships, and clinical trial management innovations within the pharmaceutical and CRO industries. Working closely with other senior leaders, Mike will help drive growth, ensure financial strength, and maintain the organization’s competitive edge.
- Michael holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. He also served in the United States Air Force.
Danielle FrederickVice President, Clinical and Business Operations
- Danielle Frederick provides global leadership and strategic direction to enhance Ancillare’s clinical operations, global distribution, and supply chain management initiatives. She has played an integral role in enhancing quality focus throughout the organization. Previously, Danielle served in various quality management positions at Ancillare, Fisher Clinical, and West Pharmaceutical Services, specializing in quality audits, supplier quality, document control, and training. Danielle holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the California Coast University and maintains multiple certifications, including the Executive Leadership Certificate from Cornell University, ASQ Certified Quality Auditor and Certified Manager of Quality and Organizational Excellence.
Cathy PorrettiChief Global Operations Officer
- Cathy Porretti has contributed to Ancillare’s rapid growth since the company’s inception in 2006, with high leadership and involvement in all ERP and financial operations. She has played a key role in managing and scaling Ancillare’s global operations, having served in a Global Operations Executive Leadership capacity for nearly 30 years. She is a key strategist among the company’s leadership, developing innovative solutions for the ancillary supply chain worldwide. As a subject matter expert on Ancillare’s global distribution network, Cathy has overseen the company’s expansion into new and emerging markets, leading day-to-day and strategic management of key depots across the globe.
Deighton LiverpoolChief Information Officer
- Deighton Liverpool is responsible for delivering mission-critical results by developing and implementing strategies related to Infrastructure, Application Development, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, as well as Cloud and AI technologies for Ancillare. Deighton has held several “C” level positions across Global IT, as well as staff management and development. He is a previous nominee for the Most Influential Minority in Cable Technology Award from CableFax, and has been a featured speaker at several technology events. Deighton holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems from Pace University. He has also earned two graduate certificates: one in Information Technology Management from Georgia Institute of Technology, and another in Organizational Change Management from the University of Virginia.
OUR GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION NETWORK
We have strategically located depots across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
A HISTORY OF INNOVATION
In 2006, Ancillare took the first steps toward creating a first-of-its kind business: one that is wholly dedicated to the discipline of Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain Management. Today, it is the category leader. Take a look back at the company’s biggest milestones and accomplishments.
8 of the Top 10 Global Pharmaceutical, 3 of the Top 5 Global Biotechnology companies, and 2 of the Top 3 Global CROs employ Ancillare’s Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain Management solutions.
Ancillare continues its singular, industry-leading mission as the global standard for Ancillary Supply Chain Management for Phase I-IV clinical research.
Ancillare Acquires NG BV, a Netherlands-based Company Authorized to Procure, Supply, and Export Medicinal Products
Ancillare COVID-19 sponsor partnerships expands to 20 trials
CEO Joanne Santomauro receives Doctorate of Business Administration with concentration in Supply Chain from the Fox School of Business at Temple University.
Ancillare launches the Global Clinical Development Department.
Ancillare rolls out Microsoft NAV.
Ancillare’s MedTech Division is established to service medical device and diagnostic trials.
Ancillare expands the Global Clinical Development Department.
Ancillare celebrates its 10th Anniversary.
Ancillare’s first and only end-to-end Clinical Trial Ancillary Supply Chain model is introduced to ensure consistency, accuracy, and cost control throughout the development program lifecycle.
Ancillare establishes Depots in China, Japan, Russia, and Taiwan.
Ancillare’s ESTEEM™ (Executing Shipments Through Effective Enrollment Monitoring) model is deployed. Resupply now matches site-specific patient enrollment rates, aligning distribution on demand.
Ancillare establishes Depots in Argentina, Brazil, Israel, Mexico, and Ukraine.
The Ancillare Supply Chain Management System (ANSUMS™) is implemented, streamlining the process of ancillary product resupply and offering global visibility and reporting across the entire clinical pipeline.
Ancillare Europe established in Milton Keynes, UK to service the EMEA region.
Ancillare establishes Depot in Canada.
Ancillare Global Headquarters established in Horsham, PA.
The Ancillare Professional Team™ (APT) is formed to provide a dedicated management platform for clinical trial supply chain services for each sponsor organization.
Ancillare, LP is founded in North Wales, PA.
INTERESTED IN SCOPING A PROJECT WITH ANCILLARE?
Tell us a little about your project or ancillary supply challenges, and we will set up a consultation with our team.